Saturday, May 22, 2010

How can I write a C program that will remove a certain icon from the desktop?

I want to write a program in C and compile that program on a floppy disk. I want that program to start as soon as the computer starts. I do not expect anyone to write that program for me. I just need some ideas to get started.

How can I write a C program that will remove a certain icon from the desktop?
Icons on your Desktop are just files on your Harddisk.


You can find them here:


C:\Documents and Settings\%26lt;username%26gt;\Desktop


and for all users in


C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop





Just write a simple consoleapp that deletes a certain file (your shortcut = icon) in that directory.





On the floppydisk edit the file autoexec.bat and place an entry that it starts your exe from the disk...


No comments:

Post a Comment